9.7.14

Hollow Little Boxes

I have to admit, I thought you would text me last night. I lay awake late into the dark, silent night waiting for the promising trill of harp. I find it hard to believe that after all you said to me you could just dismiss my as simply as that, regardless of what she wants. I hope you know how much you're hurting me. I hope you know, not because I want you to feel guilty but because I don't want to admit I spent the last four months of my life with a man who can not empathize like that. Who won't.

And yet, as cynical as I try to be I realize that part of me is always straining forward for that second when you'll borrow your friend's phone to text me, tell me you're alright, beg for forgiveness for deserting me like everyone else, tell me you still love me even though it cannot be just now...

And yet all I have is a silence that echoes through my hollow little boxes.

No comments: